Are you interested in family biking, maybe going car-free or car-lite and transporting your whole family by bike? Looking for information and reviews about cargo bikes, Xtracycles, Electra Townies, the Radish, and bucket bikes, or just some general advice? These family biking posts should help you out.
- Still thinking about bike commuting, but you have doubts? Read about my journey to bicycle commuting in Yes, We Can.
- At first I worried about taking my kids to daycare and school by bike. But we worked it out, with the help of a loaner child seat. In Bike Commuting, Kids, and Daycare, I explain how it all worked out, and offer several tips for bike commuters who are dropping kids off before work.
- Eventually, we put together enough money to buy a family/cargo bike as a more permanent solution. But why should you get an expensive family bike, anyway? Here’s my justification for Bike Shopping Day.
- What are the pros and cons of different bikes — specifically, the Xtracycle Radish, the Electra Townie Balloon 8i (with Xtracycle), the Electra Townie 7D, and the Madsen Urban Utility Bicycle (or bucket bike)? In Time To Make a Choice, I cover all of these and briefly review the customer service at two Portland, Oregon bike shops — Clever Cycles and the Bike Gallery.
- I finally decided on an Xtracycle Radish. Here are my comments on that, as well as a few photos, in I Love My Radish.
- This link goes off-site, but it is an article I wrote: Family Bike Commuting – You Can Do It.
- Finally, you can see all of my cycling-related blog posts here.
Thanks for stopping by! I do write about cycling fairly often, along with other sustainable-living topics, so if you’re interested in reading more, please subscribe to my RSS feed (see above left to subscribe via email).